Saturday, October 01, 2005

DEALING WITH IT

Do you enjoy playing poker? I do sometimes. But I really like it when I’m winning. Only I can’t control that part so my mood depends on how I do in the first few hands.

However while I’d love to make a direct connection between life and poker, I’m not going to try. What I am going to dwell on is ATTITUDE!

And in that sense dealing with it is both coping and taking your turn at shuffling and passing out the cards. Ah now I think a few of you are beginning to get the idea of where I’m headed with this posting.

The sad fact is that it isn’t enough to concentrate on coping with whatever had you are dealt. You also go to learn to deal right too. That means appreciate how others don’t like bad hands anymore than you do.

I’ve known my share of people who don’t mind bragging about how they deal with a problem, but at the same time even though they have struggle with a given problem have no qualms at all is passing on that grief to someone else. And what a world it might be if we could learn that lesson. Although I’m not sure how or when we will just that ought too.

Okay I did my part to preach on that subject. As for myself, well when I got a problem, I’m going to bitch about it. I’m not going to deal with it that well. And it will probably end up in some posting.

On the other hand when I’m in the dealers chair and I have to pass out the cards and you get a lousy hand, I’ll probably not really care that much. Why, because I’m a basically greedy, self-absorbed jerk. And I don’t even mind if you sneer when I say that!

So why would I say it. Because I think it is the way most people truly react to the same situation, they just prefer to lie about it. Which is okay too if that works for you.

For myself, heck I would just as soon be a tad more realistic. Plus the plain fact if I lose all my chips in the game of life, I’ll get them back at the voters expense. And I won’t even tell them either.

But that is poker ala human living if you ask me. I know you didn’t, yet I felt a need to say it anyway.

Meanwhile I hope you get a chance to play those aces you love to hide up your sleeve. Only if you go to reach for one and find an IOU from me, just don’t let people know you are bluffing.

That’s just a helpful hint or two to share with those who are about to ante up at the old poker table of life. I hope you did so and win the next hand. Because when you aren’t looking I’ll probably see if I can “borrow” a few if not all your chips!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home