Friday, November 14, 2008

THAT IS WHAT I SAID

I love all the times when people love to pretend they didn’t hear what you said. Asking you to say it a second time.

Hoping they didn’t hear what you really said. And the more fantastic the comment the more they will ask.

I always wondered what it must be like for some prophets. Yeah, they always have some incredible things to say and nobody wants to hear it.

So you either pretend they didn’t say it or ask for a second comment. Doesn’t exactly help with the process though.

Now when I say prophets, I’m not talking about the bible type. They may be well known, but not my reference here.

Nor am I talking about things such as the psychic types. They are fun to hear from, but not always accurate.

What I’m referring to here is the problem of the person sitting around acting normal and then totally says something insightful. And they are right.

Now the irony here is how often the person is ignored. Yeah, they are generally some person who you don’t even remember.

The problem is with the fact of how things work in general. I’ve learned how often the smart and astute are not necessarily politicians.

So they don’t do well at getting ahead by sucking up to people. Often ending up in jobs that are less than challenging.

So they are bored a lot. And frustrated by the stupidity they see. And naturally any effort the make to get things to work right doesn’t get any respect.

After a while they just shut up. Just stop caring. And then the problem is that you can only find out their gifts in a conversation.

My only clue to their existence is when you see them at work. They most of the time do a good job.

Might not stand out, but if you chat a bit they will always impress. Providing you can get pass their need to not say much.

I find this helpful. Manly because such people never notice when you take credit for their brillance.

Yeah, it sucks, but so does life at times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home