Wednesday, August 20, 2008

SMILE WHEN YOU DON'T SAY THAT

Aww this is such a joy. The times when somebody is gloating over your demise. Well maybe more like giving it some serious thought.

Kind of wishful thinking perhaps on their part. But you can see it in their eyes. They will sparkle with a special glow of lust.

Now I suppose it could be considered a form of love. It is just for themselves. And that will naturally taint how they view you.

It is made worse if the person happens to be somebody who hates you. Complicated by the fact if you don't know it.

Those are the ones you have to be careful about. The ones how have smiles, but hide their sneers.

Being a politician image is really my priority here. I do have to be sure I can craft a mask that is as likeable as possible.

I have to even be careful to try and not let the people I hate know how I feel. Got to smile and make nice.

Well in public. Privately is a different matter. Yep, you can be sure that alone or in the company of somebody I trust things are different.

Course trust is a rather tricky issue. Too many fail that test. About the only ones you can really trust at those who you can blackmail.

The people you have corrupted who would suffer if they turned traitor. I admit that is not the type of loyalty that you prefer.

Nope not my idea the perfect friendship. At least it is an honest one. And that is something I don't feel is all that bad either.

You can go through the motions of pretending if you want, but this is not quite the solution I like. Better a comrade you know can be bribed than one who you don't know about for sure.

Words are a great thing. But they can be such vanity. Promises that mean nothing and don't help at all.

So if you want to trust to some smile, fine. Have a good time. I don't think I will try. Not while I have enough to bribe.

Yeah, money is a great equalizer. Does so much for some people's memories. Providing you have done it right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home