Monday, August 25, 2008

REFUNDS

Well my goodness what a great idea. Providing you are the one getting the refund. Now if it is costing you bucks then forget it.

I am glad that I don't have to worry about them very much as a Mayor. We manage to not have to deal with them very much.

However, that doesn't mean I don't love them when it is my turn to look for them. Oh yeah you got to love it.

Just a little case of tapping somebody on the shoulder and saying hey, how about giving me a break here. Come on show your civic pride a little.

Wish that worked more, but it never does. Nope that little ploy never works. Just not quite how people view it.

They seem to think that when you are talking about any form of government that you have mega bucks. So that means they can rip you off no problem.

Not quite a good attitude to have. But part of the reality that I deal with and try to adjust in the process.

Yep, wish it worked better. Really do. I mean I would enjoy meeting a person sometime that actually liked the city government.

Enough to be sure they didn't act like it was a good thing to take advantage. But then I guess that isn't realistic.

So that means I have to find creative ways of inspiring more cooperation. Now to achieve this normally means a special for of creativity.

What I have to do is spend time giving a few forms of encouragement. This comes in the manner of little ways I can suggest the person can get a break.

Maybe help them with some permit or other city issue. Nothing illegal, but a way to be sure they get the perks they like so I can get the break I want.

Oh it can never be actually called it that way. No this has to be a game. And one where we both understand the process.

Alas that is not a problem. Jus have to be sure we take time to know the person and find the best way to make it work.

Oh yeah, that is the key. I do love those options. And it all works so wonderful to be looked at that way.

Just as long as well all do it with such great willing to make it all seem true, even if it is a joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home