Sunday, September 23, 2007

TOUGH ALMOST ENOUGH

There are times when tough sounds better than it really is. I mean it really is impressive to think you can take a hit big time. But that doesn't mean we always savor the moments of being bashed.

In fact I'm sure there are times when we hate it. I'm sure it feels great to actually have the satisfaction of accomplishing survival. Well I guess that is a good way of putting it.

Only I'm not sure we boast about it. Not most of the time. Oh we might go whew! But otherwise I think it is more a time we prefer to not think about that much.

Still, even in those times we do find a special joy over knowing one is a wall. Some curtain of impenetrable steel nobody could dent.

Now none of us is that strong all the time, but it sure sounds good to put it that way. At least to me it does.

Meanwhile we do our best to try and savor when things work out and we can look back and say, hey I was a rock! I was the power of the day. I outlasted that terrible storm. And I have a reason to boast!

It might all have sucked in terms of real life. We might not have in any way truly deserved that title, but heck it sounds like a good thing.

In any case, I still prefer to avoid the challenges when possible. I'm sorry to wimp out here, but pain is not on my list of fun things to do.

That might work for some, but not for me. And from the way I see it, this is where I feel creative really comes into play.

Yes, you know, when in the company of people who don't know you, this is precious. A chance to be whoever you want to be.

Not that everyone agrees. Some never seem to be able to cherish such things. They get all concerned and fuzzy over the fact that they made a mistake.

Which wouldn't be a problem if they didn't insist upon trying to be factual. Hey, what fun is life if you can invent the truth?

It works for me. And most things do in reality. What can I say, for me life is wonderful when you can paint it as it appears in your mind.

True, some insist upon the truth, but then that is there problem. I'll go with happy endings every time.

Ah, the joy of make believe. You never have to go home again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home