Wednesday, January 31, 2007

FINE AND LOUSY

You might think these two items having nothing in common. And you would be right in a world where people based their thoughts on logic. However, in my world, that simply doesn't not compute.

Why? Well because it is the city of Mediocrity and you can something that is fine as in fine with the majority, but view as lousy by an individual. Ah, now you are seeing the simple challenge of relationship.

Yes, I have the joy of being surrounded by people who love to play the suffering whatever. I might say servant, but that probably doesn't apply as enough of a term to some who see themselves as martyrs.

I have been rather disappointed that we haven't had the chance to open a cross shop yet. I have a feeling a do-it-yourself crucifixion kit would do very well in our city. And you might even make an even bigger, er, killing if you were to have classes on how to use the kit. Perhaps a diploma that would be written in blood later to prove you graduated.

Well enough of that macabre joy I suppose. And I assume you think I am exaggerating. But while I might be stretching the truth just a tad for obvious reasons, I must confess that I'm not stretching it as much as you might imagine.

Honestly, for some of the people I know they are never truly happy unless they have convinced you they are suffering. Oh, I didn't say they were in fact suffering, only that they wanted you to believe it.

And when you don't have a chance to appreciate their suffering enough, you can count on them to visit you to give you a chance to appreciate their misery. Which is why I always cringe whenever we are getting ready to have some special type of social event.

Because I know that is when these folks will most likely come out of the woodwork. They will come to my office to share their concerns over the event and express their complaint over how that event won't be one that respects their needs. However, you can depend upon them to also be sure you know that they will make the sacrifice of enduring the unfairness for the sake of the majority.

This is when the fun really starts. For that is when I will be sure I offer to correct whatever is wrong to make sure they can enjoy the event.

What comes out of their mouth is pure, fertilizer. They will come up with the most laughable forms of lies and excuses in order to be sure they can still suffer.

And in the midst of all that, I get to sit and savor the little act like it really is the truth. I do manage to keep from laughing. Although at times that is very difficult. But I always figured it is important that as a politician I don't allow somebody else to put on a better act than me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home