Sunday, July 02, 2006

NO WAY

Ah the impossible and wonderful it is when you can use it as an excuse. No way is that stop sign of hope and dreams. It is the spot where the road of possibility ends. Most important it is all in one’s mind more than reality.

I say that because the no way stop signs I hear come out of most people’s mouths is not based upon them actually taking a hard look at the surroundings or landscape. Instead it is what they image dwells beyond the horizon. Sort of like thinking that the world is flat and if you walk to far or dream to much you’ll fall off.

I know there are situations beyond one’s control. I also know that some things are truly impossible and no way they will ever happen. Like the idea some eighteen year-old gorgeous blonde gal who is also very rich is going to decide to keep me as her love slave. Yeah that kind of no way is not my imagination. Wish it were though at times.

The problem I have observed though is how often the no ways I hear come from people who pretty say it constantly about almost everything. In their case it is a road block to their highway of thinking and not reality. They just always will say no way regardless.

The result is they have no dreams or desires that will ever grow wings. It is like being imprisoned in a cell where the door is locked and you keep the key in your pocket. Yeah, we are talking about big time irony.

In my position I do have to balance at times when somebody is telling me a real no way and when they are just panicking. That happens a lot.

What is really tough is that as Mayor I have to inspire even when I don’t feel like it. I can afford the luxury of sitting back and finding a bunch of no ways for myself. That would be too much of a hassle if I have to inspire others and I’m doing the same thing.

There are some things I don’t mine being a hypocrite about. Like telling my staff to work hard while I’m walking out the door to goof off. My rule in that regard it illusion it important. What I get them to believe is more important than what I really do. That is a Limburger rule of survival that I live by. Yeah it sucks and is a double standard, but it works for me.

And if it works for me I live by it whether it is fair or sane. I just can’t allow my employees to do the same. Yep, it isn’t equitable. I never said it was.

In the meantime I do ferry out of my life all those little moments of no way as much as I can on the good ship lie to yourself. It is fun, it is exciting and most of all it keeps me from having to deal with the truth.

Any time I can do that I have a reason to smile. I just do waste my time telling others that is the reason I’m smiling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home