Monday, July 03, 2006

MY WAY

Yep, this is the best choice you can have. It means ultimate freedom, absolute control of all the facets of life and most of all peace of mind from knowing what happens is only what you want to have happen. That is a glorious feeling isn’t it?

However, the one thing I have learned is that for the most part this is illusion. People who speak of doing it my way in some other form are generally just kidding themselves. I don’t care who the person is we just have no way to control ever aspect of life. We can manage to control some of them, which is nice, but all, never.

Speaking for myself I love to accept this fact and then do everything I can to work around it. Including lying to myself, thank you very much! Oh yeah that is the best part when I don’t have to admit that I’m just a slave like the rest of the world.

So for the benefit of those who do feel a need to keep up this charade like I do, but don’t want it to be obvious I offer a few helpful hints. Maybe they will save your life some day or maybe you can just act like they did.

First of all avoid any situation where it might test your abilities. Knowing what you can and can not do is a real liability in terms of keeping up illusions. The more you can keep things vague the better off you are.

That means staying uninvolved in things as much as you can. Find some sucker to risk his body and reputation. The more power you have or position of authority you enjoy the easier this can be accomplished.

Then in addition I think it is important to avoid situations where you have to actually make choices. That really helps too. Choices carry consequences and who needs them? I don’t.

Again in my position this is so much easier since I can dump responsibilities off on other people. Only I never say it that way. For the greedy, I appeal to their ego by offering them a “promotion” that sticks them with a duty I don’t want.

With someone else who thinks I really care about them I can lie and pretend this is a reward. Boy it is amazing what people will do if they think you care about them.

Of course the whole idea in the end is doing all this crap so I can eventually have the joy of doing the stuff I really want to do my way. It is a game after all. One where I keep score for myself and also get to make up the rules.

The tricky part is making sure you don’t tell anyone they are even playing. If they knew they might actually want to make a few moves for themselves. And who needs that?

It is all about in the end having what I want when I want it, but making sure nobody is able to complain. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but my way means I don’t have to admit the losses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home