Saturday, June 10, 2006

STONES

Well for the sake of my posting and rambling I want to say that this isn’t about rocks. It is about the boulders of criticism that cause one to stumble over their doubts in the darkness of uncertainty.

Hmmm, I guess I’ve been surfing too many poetic blogs lately. Sometimes it rubs off. Not enough to give up my day, but enough to detour me from my daily rant political and practical.

The kind of stones I’m talking about normally have faces. Nope, I haven’t had too much to drink either. I’m speaking of people. Plain enough?

There are just some people who can’t resist wanting to make you fall down so you can’t see your dreams. They suck at such things as encouragement.

It is more like they are this walking, lifeless and cold impediment to your hopes. All the want to do is make you as unhappy as they are. Which doesn’t work for me that’s is for sure.

Now there are different ways you can deal with a stone. One is to walk around it. Providing it isn’t blocking your way to where you need to get.

Those kinds of stones normally are bureaucrats who have a power hang up. They live to make others miserable and flex their power because it thrills them.

A second means of dealing with stones is to try and crush them. That can be real tricky at times. Because sometimes they don’t break that easy.

In order to accomplish it though often requires you to sick them on somebody else to make miserable. It can be easy at times if there are a whole lot of people traveling the way you are.

Still, another option is to become a stone yourself. You pass on their stumbling quality to them.

It is amazing how negative people don’t like to be told negative things. At least that has been my experience. In fact they are so often out of touch with reality to the point they will even complain about your being negative.

If all else fails, take the toll road in a limo. Translation, pay some other poor slob to fight the stone people.

Such individuals go by different names. One is employee. Another is scapegoat, toady or simply grunt or gopher. Sometimes a small insignificant pebble really enables you to avoid have to face the boulders. Of course it helps if they have a mind the size of a pebble too. You just can’t let them know you are aware of that fact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home