Saturday, May 13, 2006

NINETY-NINE CENT SALES

Isn’t it wonderful when people know how to make you think you’re getting a benefit when you really aren’t. Sales are like that. The very word inspires greed from my point of view. Yes, I said greed. It is getting something for nothing mentality and it works! That is the best part. I personally love it.

I don’t think I in anyway I believe there is a better more clever and functional deception than the ninety-nine cent sales. I’m not speaking of just ninety-nine cents, but any dollar amount that ends in ninety-nine cents.

In reality you don’t get the item for ninety-nine cents. It always ends up having tax, which pushed the price over one dollar or whatever. However, it has the initial mental impact of making it look like you are getting it for less than a given dollar and that is the important part.

To me the whole benefit of this process lies in knowing human nature. We love anything that hints of giving us some kind of perk. It just smacks of making us think in a world weary from the times you get rear ended that we finally get some kind of break. That my friends will always be the kind of drug that will drive people wild and make their brains turn to mush.

It is just like with politics. We all know that politicians are jerks. That they will never be anyone you can expect to tell you the truth or in anyway.

Still we vote them (or should I say us) into office just the same. And no matter how bad it gets or what happens we still have elections and still give the same people more chances to make us bend over and say thank you, may I have another.

The thing is I see the two items as being related. They are different branches of the same tree, mainly again from my view the tree of greed.

It is a tall and stately looking tree. The wind flows through it with the arrogant scent of boasting. A lovely and intoxicating aroma that leads to wars and other proud moments in the history of mankind.

I sit in my office, aware of all this litany of reality in human behavior and keep marching on with smile. Knowing the whole time when I see those ninety-nine cent sales that I’m going to be a dumb clown and rush out to grab my part of the illusion of booty for myself.

Somebody once said, “Love makes the world go round.” Now the one thing they don’t mention is that the love the makes the world go round is love of “self.” Unless you are talking about the rent-a-date type of love. It makes the world go round too in its own way. Only with a price. At least it comes without the problem of having to worry about love of “self” when you can rent another pair of hands to help with the process. Cheers to the joys of ninety-nine cent sales and all their fabulous versions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home