Friday, May 05, 2006

COME AND DON'T GET IT

I always love when I make people feel wanted by giving them some invitation to what they assume is a special event. In some cases it really is a special event. Others it is just an illusion I create because I’m priming the person for some con.

The whole time of course I’m appealing to their general sense of greed. You see that is the basic glue of human nature that to me keeps the world going. Oh you can talk about love and all those other noble qualities, but let’s be honest we perfect in reality what will in some way benefit us as the best form of motivation.

You can take issue with that if you want, but not me. I feel that the prime motivation to most the things we do is when we think we will gain something in the process. Even such things as church are done because so often there is the enticement of a shot as heaven.

Tell me how many things people would do if they really didn’t have a chance to benefit in some way from the act? Even being generous has as its reason in some way a chance to prove you are generous. It feeds the ego.

Which is a primal rule of strategy that I rely upon when dealing with people. It is like the old saying, “You can catch more flies with honey than you can vinegar.” Out side of the obvious intended meaning for me the other value is showing how if you can appease a person’s appetite for whatever they will act like a fly.

That translates into them being vulnerable and easy to swat. It just takes enough lies to distract them so they don’t notice the fly swatter!

There are those of limited thinking who might regard this as a negative comment about life and people. I beg to differ. For me it is a source of hope. I see it as a promise that you can depend up people always reacting a given way in each situation.

It sure makes my job so much easier when I know I can use the same boring approach and enticement to get the same results. I don’t have to think as hard and that is a good option.

For those silly little minds that want ethics and values and decency then I might suggest you go shopping at a bookstore. Find a nice book of fairy tales to entertain yourself. And plan on staying home and reading it since I’m not going to invite you to my social event.

Yep, life can be interesting at times. And very rewarding if you take the practical approach. It is so much more satisfying than those absurd approach of hoping life will ever get sane or decent. That works in the movies. Actually there is very little that doesn’t work in the movies.

All I can say is if that is you need, then pass the popcorn. I need it to feed to the people who I can get to buy that bridge I want to sell them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home