Thursday, May 04, 2006

FOOTPRINTS

There is this fairly well know painting of footprints on the beach. It starts out with two sets of footprints and then later you only see one pair. Some give it a spiritual meaning related to God and all the other religious elements they want to read into the painting.

Well if you want that you can find plenty of people who can lecture you on that kind of meaning. I’m speaking of a more practical and applicable interpretation. When you see only one pair of footprints where there were first too it is because some jerk just leaped on your back. Yeah, we’re talking about some lazy scum who wants you to bear his burden. Ain’t it a shame?

That is what some might say. For me I say, hurray! Glad to see somebody knows how to act when they are smart.

Now would you really expect me to view it any differently? I mean I know plenty of people who I’m glad can see behind them to see the number of times I’ve stepped on them. Oh they might feel the pain, but as long as I can get them to buy my lies that it is their imagination, then they never know the truth.

While the truth might set some free, I can say that in my case the truth is something I definitely enjoy as long as I’m the only one who knows it. That by itself makes leaping off my back even more important in some case so that I can dodge a pile of crap I’ve created.

If I’m feeling generous I might even warn you about the pile too before you step in it. But that depends on my mood. You just never know how I’ll feel when I wake up and my feet are sore.

The important thing about footprints is making sure if you do leave them that you do so in a way that nobody can say they belong to you. One good option is to be sure the footprints aren’t your size.

How does one accomplish that? Simple, always wear shoes that are way too big. All of which comes down a basic and essential manner of seeing to it that whatever blame comes from the footprints of your actions is shifted to somebody else.

See I don’t mind leaving footprints, but I hate having anyone knowing they are mind. It isn’t that hard really, just a matter of enough practice.

In the meantime if you aren’t skilled at walking over people I recommend that a great place is to start by walking over the old and feeble. Yeah some might say it sucks, but we aren’t talking charity here are we?

So go ahead and get a nice pair of golf shoes and sharpen the spikes. I mean your footprints leave scars then you really have a reason to celebrate. At least I always feel that way when I’ve taken that first wonderful step!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home