Monday, May 01, 2006

MINT ANYONE?

Most people are probably thinking breath mint when you ask this. Unless we are talking the chocolate mint cookies, which as soooo tasty.

What I’m thinking of with this question though is more related to the kind of mint where they make money. And what I’m thinking about is wondering if some of the people I deal with and have to pay for their services presume I have my own private mint.

They sure must from the way they love to charge such outrageous fees for their services, which are often crappy in terms of quality. Plus if you don’t like it they could care less because you can be darn sure if you go out looking for an option that creep will be a crook to.

So you get a choice. You get to bend over and ripped off out the gate by someone who will steal you blind and then get pissed if you don’t get them more or you can say forget it and look for a different crook to do the same thing. Some choice huh?

Lately we’ve been doing some remodeling of city hall so I have had to deal with that wonderful breed of humanity known as contractors. Now perhaps there is a good one out there and I have met him, but the ones I work with definitely presume I have my own mint from the way they act like charging extra for anything and everything is no big deal.

There is of course their “bid” on the project, which also some with an estimated completion date. Neither will be closely accurate, but you will have them in writing at least. Then will come the increase in “costs” the delays for just about any thing imaginable and in the end after they’ve bled you dry of every last buck they will expect you to say thank you like they did something decent.

I’m not prone to wanting to be like the darn bible thumpers and give everything some doom or gloom twist, but just like everyone I’ve heard about the antichrist. Well if you ask me, I bet the antichrist is going to be a building contractor.

Now don’t snicker. Think about it for second. If there was some contractor out there who finished a project on time and in budget it would be a miracle! He had the world dazzled by his talent.

We all eagerly give him the right to be the boss if he could perform that type of magic! As for that number thing on the head they call the “mark of the beast” shoot I bet it would be a cell phone. I mean looked how hooked everyone is on them.

Yep, the old tribulation thing the bible thumpers talk about could be really scaring. There is a housing shortage and everyone has to sell their souls to this jerk in order to have a place to stay. And the whole time he makes you keep calling him on a cell phone to find out when he’s going to be one with your project so you’ll have a place to stay. When you do get him then he’ll ask with an evil snort, “Mint anyone?” All I can say is I hope you got one when it happens. As for me I’m going shopping for a tent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home