Saturday, April 01, 2006

WELL, WELL, WELL

I love when I get to say this. It almost always occurs when I have greeting somebody who was filled with pride and just took a nosedive into disaster. (Of course if I was in any way responsible for their downfall, I do my best not to tell them. Why spoil the fun of making them think they were stupid enough to have done it to themselves?)

The one criteria to keeping my little game of revenge successful is not to BRAG about it. So the “well, well, well” part is generally something that I say to myself and not allowed.

That is while I am talking to the person who is telling me about their misery. I can even muster the ability to seem honestly concerned about their plight. Shoot in the right situation I can even succeed in making them think I will help them in some way. Lots of luck if they think that will actually happen.

My most favorite moments of “well, well, well” generally are related to my job as Mayor. They are even more precious when they involve the joy of destroying some political opponent.

For me the main goal is to be sure that I so cripple an opponent so they don’t get a chance to be a threat to me more than once. I’m not talking about killing them off politically, just wounded them tell they can run against ME again. They can run for any other office, but just not for Mayor.

See it really isn’t as much joy to totally destroy some people. That might give them a break in terms of the misery. It is so much more rewarding to leave them with the illusion of hope so the next time they come away thinking it might work out better if they try again.

Depending on my mood I might even encourage them to try again just for the shear joy of seeing them lose a second time. That the kind of “well, well, well” that you simply can’t buy!

The great thing is having something such as this blog to share my joy. It just is so much harder to achieve if I spend any time talking about it where I live. There are too many people who will blab if I spill my guts.

So I have to content myself with the glorious little moments of reflection I can achieve in my postings. It hardly pays the bills, but I will confess that it does give me a nice warm feeling on the inside. Course I also get the feeling after going to the bar. But then that one requires me to spend money. With my blog I do it for free and also never worry about a hangover.

Meanwhile after I finish this posting I get a chance to go and meet with somebody that needs a shoulder to cry on. I will sigh and be sorry for them, till the leave my office. Then I will snicker from knowing the “well, well, well” in their case was my doing. It’s a living!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home