Monday, April 03, 2006

THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE

This should be a good thing. I said should. But the “time” of one’s life can also be the most memorable. Only you never see it expressed that way in any stories I bet. Who would look back and say, you know that car accident I had and nearly died from was so thrilling. It was absolutely the time of my life.

I have a feeling if anyone did say that we would sort of roll our eyes and think perhaps they didn’t quite recover in their head from the accident! However it doesn’t mean it isn’t a view some people have anyway.

I heard this motivational speaker once talking about how people secretly loved pain at times. That we did things that were dumb and stupid in order to get attention that we might otherwise not get if we did things right.

It was an interesting concept I suppose. And at the fees he charged I’m sure part of the way he reinforced that conviction was how it hit your wallet.

As for myself, well I think we just like to feel. That doesn’t necessarily always mean good feelings. Just that life is a more of a time and memorable when we do feel as opposed to when we don’t.

My opinion, of course. But it sure makes a lot of sense from how I see it. After all I don’t know how many times I’ll end up dealing with somebody who is basically a decent person (the do-gooding moron, er never mind) and fairly competent at his or her job. Then for no apparent reason they will do something utterly stupid.

For a while I used to sit down and think to myself there must be a way to council this person. You know to make sure they didn’t make the same mistake twice.

That was until it occur to me that in reality what was happening is that they had just gone on way to long without any attention. So in a way this was there way of getting a little attention.

So I gave it to them. And most of the time it seemed to work. They went back to the job and did better.

Now days I do try to give a little attention where I can and to whom I can. I have seemed to notice the incidents of stupid mistakes declining in the process. But they do still occur at times.

Still I have learned to take this little concept of something being the time of a person’s life to a different level. It works for me. I’m happy even if others don’t notice.

So memories happen and the emotions follow. We sit around and celebrate and feel good in the process. That is the part that counts I guess. Enough that I feel satisfied with the process even if others don’t give it the same thought. Which only matters if you are me doesn’t it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home