Tuesday, November 29, 2005

SPECIAL MEMORIES

I have such mixed emotions on the issue of special memories. For some people I think special memories are the ones that they remember because something good happen. At least I would consider that to the be the case.

And for me in a way that is also true. The only problem is that my version of something good happening isn’t always the result of me having an experience that is legal. In that sense I regard my talent for piling up the crap and planning various cons to be an art form. Hey, I’ve got just as much right as anyone to love art if I want. Okay my idea is perhaps a tad different from the kind of expression that might end up in an art gallery, but I still think of it as being creative and that for me is what counts.

Unfortunately and for me it is the thing I have to constantly remember is that I can’t create a scrapbook of my special memories. It would hardly be the kind of album I could show off.

Still I do enjoy reflecting upon those glorious times when some difficult labor of my tongue did end up paying off in a way that even now gives me a smile. Which is why at times I do so wish I could create some form of edifice to store these moments. A place where it lay outside the statue of limitations.

I’m human enough to admit that if the part of my life that I could consider as signs of greatness could be put on display I would do it. After all I feel I have just as much right as the next person to boast. And who knows perhaps somebody would look upon the fruit of my craft and be inspired to go on and live a better life.

Hey don’t sneer when I say that. See I’m thinking of the concept here that somebody would see just how truly depraved I am and it would scare them into avoiding making the same mistake. Now wouldn’t that be a great service to my fellow man?

Alas I am restrained from such a good deed because of the unreasonable risk it would provide to my little behind. I just don’t feel inclined to face possible consequences from doing such a good deed. Martyrdom is not my preference.

That doesn’t keep me from wishing though. The idea that by having the glorious chance to inspire I might help some other soul from choosing my path. Naturally I do also have a greedy motive too. That is trying to cut down on the competition. So now at least you can understand. I can almost hear the heads nodding.

But while all of that might end with some noble result whereby I spared a few suckers from being victims, I can only dream. And while I’m dreaming I will use part of the time to concentrate on adding to my special memories. After all, the one thing you can never have enough of in life is special memories. In my case they have a dollar sign and do more to fill my wallet than my heart. Just don’t quote me though. I really can’t afford to allow the voters to hear about this. Which is why my blog like too many parts of my life can’t be shared where I live!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home