Sunday, September 04, 2005

THE SO SO LIFE

Ah how sweet bland can be. And tell me you hate it, but then explain how come you and most everyone I know include myself spend more time being dull than being exciting?

Okay I know there is always that one clown out there who is the life of the party. And there are plenty of us who wish we were. As a politician I wish I could claim I was, but I can only pretend so long and only lie to a certain degree and then I lose it in terms of keeping a straight face.

What I’m attempting to do here isn’t to depress anyone. Simply to suggest that the exciting life is perhaps overrated. I don’t think bland is really all that bad at times. At least it is predictable and that can at times be a good thing.

The only problem perhaps is that people don’t want to accept the joy of blandness. That might seem like a contradiction in terms or some kind of oxymoron, but it really isn’t. I just think the main difficulty is that the so-called exciting people just do a far better job at pretending they are having fun. Only I’m not so sure they really do at times.

When it comes down to it don’t a heck of a lot of the “beautiful” people have to depend upon some standard to be beautiful. They end up being slaves to opinions and fashion and whole lot of other crap that generally changes in time. Plus lets be honest here who really think when you reach your golden years they are going to be one long party?

You might think that if you are twenty and have had too many drinks at some bar, but otherwise we all know there isn’t a lot partying going on in rest homes. It can hardly even be called life from what I’ve seen. Yet like or not pal most of us if we live long enough are going to be a resident of one of those places some day.

Which is my whole point. Regardless of how great a life you think you have now, it won’t last. And when you are eighty with all kinds of health problems I doubt you are going to feel less miserable because once decades ago you were a party animal.

Thus if you really think about it the poor boring dude probably is better prepared for that time of life. And he probably won’t even know the difference that much.

So I say enjoy what you do have, whatever it is as long as you have it. And if it happens to be ordinary, so what? It is probably still better than what some people have. It is just a question of whether you find the good in the middle of the less than exciting.

But that is a personal choice from my point of view. I just hope you find a way to relax and not take the whole thing so serious. Be boring, be dull, but most of all be HAPPY about it.

And if you happened to need someone to lend you a shoulder to whine on I’m available. Of course you might have to make an appointment. I do have a few parties to attend! Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home