Thursday, September 01, 2005

WAKING UP TO TAKE A NAP

Ah how sweet is the pure energy of devout laziness. It is just too bad that it is so underrated as an art form.

See our brains get all clogged with the idea of how hard work is the only viable path to a decent life. And frankly I’ve decided that the people who mainly spread that notion are the financial kingpins who want YOU to work hard to make them money.

That really is about the size of it for most working folks. They do work hard and in return somebody else makes all the bucks. So naturally since they are the one’s with the power they have the ability to control what is propagated as acceptable behavior.

Meanwhile they are off enjoying the good life and laughing their asses off at the stupidity of the people they have duped in the process. As a result they have all the fun and you get to kick the bucket at an early age from a heart attack you get after being exhausted by working hard.

I don’t mind I’m a lazy jerk. That is why I became a politician in my city. So I could only pretend to work hard while in reality doing as little as possible.

And what is truly fascinating to me is how things in my city seem to get done and move along even if I take a nap at work half the time. (Of course I always close my door so my overworked secretary doesn’t see me.) But with everyone else working themselves to death I figure somebody ought to live out the need to do as little as possible. That way I sort of even out the work ethic a little. I just don’t volunteer the reality to others.

About the only time I really do work hard is when there is a promise of a nap at the end. So I will bust my butt to get done with a project just so I can sit back and do nothing.

It is true when I do that I have a tendency to make a lot of mistakes. However it does give the people who work something to do when they have to spend time fixing me mistakes. After all I never forget the first rule in my Limburger Survival Guide. Basically that there is no problem too small that you can’t find somebody else to blame for it.

That guideline has been a wonderful staple in my food for thought that has been so nutritious to my mood and system over the years. And so far I’ve been grateful that I have found enough people who are slaves to their work ethics so I don’t have to be. It does, as they say, work for me.

Which is a good thing because that way I don’t have to! All I have to work on so to speak is how to manage to find a way to explain it to others so they won’t figure out just how lazy I really am. Hmmm, I guess I’ll have to sleep on it for bit. A nice nap sounds like it would help.

So (yawn) happy busy hands their folks. I’ll be thinking about you. If only in my dreams!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home