Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Killing Red Lights

There’s another intersection

waiting in the boss’s lips,

only with a red light

to stop a cruise on the avenue

taking me from today

and to a place

where the heart

isn’t kept in an ice box.

 

I heard his signals,

nodding like I really would stop

just because he decided

green was not a color,

which should ever be seen at work.

 

Drove over his glowing stop

when he wasn’t looking

another one killed

on my way to anywhere

you didn’t end up forever idling,

hoping for things to change.

 

Watching those other cars

visible in so many eyes

drivers looking for their own turns

at directions that didn’t

bring them back where they had began,

having slaughtered those crimson lamps,

in order to keep the feeling

from the rush of trying.

 

Though the road make never lead to a parking lot

that my map of fantasies might point,

sure gives my engine so much more power

while letting it race

instead of just standing still.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home