Thursday, June 12, 2008

ALONE, BUT...

ALONE, BUT...

Well for me there is alone as in without a date on Saturday night. Then there is the kind of alone where you are hiding.

One is boring and depressing. The other a tad stressful. And that is the kind of alone I get stuck with too often.

Mainly because I can be guaranteed the more I want to hide the more some will try to find me. And they are relentless.

I try to turn off my cell phone and not listening to my pager, but they still have this uncanny way to track me down. So I constantly have to work even harder to be not found.

I also generally have to switch cars. But then I can rent one. For the rental place would immediately recognize me.

I have tried to buy some old clunker, however the problem is that again the sales person might recognize me. And I can't use a pal's car because they can't be trusted to tell the truth either.

So this can get real complicated at times. Which has made me get real creative on new ways to disappear.

Now I used to have a secretary who was very good at lying. And that helped a lot. She was so helpful and making up stories about why I am not available.

Pity she moved on. But a woman of that kind of talent is in big demand. So I had to settle for a less than cooperative secretary.

She insists upon telling the truth. At least she is very gullible. So she will believe pretty much any crap I say.

Unless she finds out I was lying. Which so far hasn't happen. Grateful for that. Now all I have to do is hope she doesn't find out some of the places I say I'm going are bogus.

Yeah, that would really diminish the joy. But I am so far grateful it works. Now just a question if it will stay that way.

In the meantime, I keep my places of alternative sanctuaries in my computer. They have to be in the city you understand.

One involves using a disguise and taking a public bus. But then I do have to be sure I take exact change.

Not a good thing to forget once you get on the bus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home