Tuesday, May 16, 2006

FOR THE HECK OF IT

Ah this is so wonderful when it works. Just tooling down the road without a care in the world and nobody to explain it to. You only have to explain your actions to yourself and that can be so relaxing.

For me those are truly the most precious of moments. I get real weary of being under a microscope and having to struggle with explaining everything I do like I can just do things for fun.

But what really annoys me is that some people think that way. It is like I can’t be just another person. That somehow I have a duty to always have some guiding vision for the future and never can relax once and a while.

I’m very skilled at the reality of deception. That mask I have to wear can be so annoying at times, but I know I can’t take it off whenever I want in public.

The big challenge is finding enough places that I can avoid having to explain when I really have no reason for what I do. It is amazing within our city how many places I go that I figure nobody will even notice me and as luck will have it I get confronted by some voter.

My biggest hope resided on going to a theater. And no, I’m not talking about an Adult movie house either. I’m talking about the multi-plex by the mall. During the day it is often not very crowded with the kids all in school.

So I turn off my cell phone, wear a hat and sun glasses and mosey over to buy a ticket to some movie, without even caring which one I see. That is my plan and hope.

Unfortunately the last time I tried that my plan turned out less than pleasant. It all started to go sour when the usher recognized me. He also was a college student majoring in art who decided that he wanted to discuss the finer points of cinematic film making for the film I picked out to go and see.

I listened politely for a couple of minutes and then afterwards made up some excuse about having to use the bathroom. I thought the worse was over. I was wrong.

Instead I ended up with this other joker sitting down next to me. He didn’t recognize me, but apparently had a need to vent his dissatisfaction with my administration. Trying to get him to shut up also was a dismal failure. So I ended up excusing myself to go to the bathroom again.

Then I tried to switch theaters. Big mistake. It was filled with a bunch of senior citizens who had formed this protest group against waste in city government. Do you need any guess on how that turned out after they recognized me.

I’m thinking of trying the park outside of town next time I want to hide for a while. With my luck I’ll probably run into some squirrel with a complaint against the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home