Saturday, May 20, 2006

CIRCLING THE WAGONS

Today this might seem like an outdated concept. It was one of those wagon tree deals you saw in movies about the old west. The type of thing they did when the red heathen savages were charging at them and screaming and yelling.

So they circled the wagons for protection. At least that was the concept. I can’t recall ever watching a western though where they really showed that doing this actually got rid of the Indians. That seemed to happen when they shot them we their rifles. But it did convey the concept of teamwork. With I guess the basic message being either work together or you’ll end up being scalped.

Well, today the savages don’t have to actually be Indians any longer. I know plenty of businessmen who know how to scalp your pocket book real good.

But the concept of teamwork is still a good one. That part had real merit if you can achieve it. The only problem is that the current crop of savages doesn’t shoot arrows or ride horse. And they don’t warn you they are coming by yelling and screaming.

As for the rest of us, well the only wagons we might have are station wagons. Good luck trying to get those into a circle without getting a traffic ticket!

What is the relevance then today to this whole issue? Like I said, it is about teamwork. We have to learn how to properly circle our minds! Hint at the imagery naturally.

This amounts to me to simply starting with a basic sense of cooperation. We can’t spend all out time arguing about who is in charge or having committees. That is a definite way of ending up with your wallet scalped by the fiscal savages.

Why am I rambling about this subject you might ask? Because I just survived a savage attack. This one was a real nasty one too.

We had this tribe of businessmen who had gotten together. They pretty much operate a given section of downtown. And they even have a priority for things like prices and parking fees.

Well they were bored with just their hunk of the city and also greedy for more. So they were descending upon city hall with the silly idea of somehow convincing me that they could get me to agree to help them spread their part of the world.

Now I ask you would you help the Indians attack you if you were circling the wagons? I am a consumer you know?

It wasn’t like they were offering me any part of their new plan. That was a big mistake. I just told my folks in city hall to follow through in processing their paperwork. Which is the best form of bureaucratic circling of wagons you can have. If I know my employees for their natural lazy nature, those businessmen will retire before they have a chance to fill out those papers. It is like circle wagons being pulled by turtles. That works for me with some people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home