Tuesday, February 21, 2006

MELTS IN YOUR MOUTH, NOT IN YOUR BRAIN

They can say what they want about things that are addictive, but I think it is more than one’s flesh that gets affected by such urges. Take this whole deal of that famous candy’s slogan about how it melt’s in your mouth, but won’t melt otherwise.

I wonder if anyone has stopped to truly ponder if it really melts when you eat it? I suppose I have snacked on them enough to say I think so, but I can say for certain.

What is my point to this little reflection? Basically that we take such comments as gospel when it conforms to our desires and especially if we are addicted to whatever.

Yep our brains are such marvelous tools. They can operate to well in certain areas that something utterly stupid can sound like genius if we want it bad enough.

And thank god the people in advertising figure this out ages ago. Instead of appealing to logic they appealed to lust. Brains will never will out over emotions no matter how hard we care to pretend otherwise.

For me this is a pure godsend. Er, perhaps I should risk invoking the name of God for this kind of thing. However for me I truly love this aspect of human nature.

As a politician it just makes my life so much easier. If you can inspire any variety of emotions in someone either good or bad you can get them to pretty much agree to something whether it really makes sense or not. Sound impossible? Well it happens every day. And the fact that some like to presume people are smarter than that are on occasions my best customers.

So like moseys along, lie built upon lie where you use feel good bricks. The warm fuzzies are so joyful if you work them right.

That’s my job. I warm them up ALL OVER and then they get so dang happy they never notice that I’m picking their pockets in the process. Which is even better when after I’ve pulled out all the cash I sit down and send them tab for the whole event. Now that folks is class in my book. It is the one with the rules that start out “Rash rules, everyone else drools!” Regrettably it isn’t in print. But then I’m not sure I would want to even if I could. That would be a tad unwise to spoil the game and illusion of “are we having fun yet?” with some disgusting truth that I cheat when at all possible.

There you have it. You may not want my crap to melt in your mouth regardless, but you don’t have to worry about it melting in your brain considering I’ll make sure you are so darn addicted and numb and happy in a stupid way to even care regardless.

I guess I should be toddling off at this point. After all I have a speech to give. It will definitely have enough syrup to melt in their mouths. That will keep them from noticing how their brain has rotted in the process. Why spoil the fun with such boring details when it is so much more full of smiles to just let the brain think it is in charge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home