Tuesday, November 08, 2005

LOOKING DANGER IN THE KNEE

Boy it would be great if life were just about overcoming. But it isn’t, is it? Well not in my part of the world at least.

And from what I’ve seen despite the joy of movie heroes, the plain fact is that the average sane person is smart enough to know when to hide and when to run. The fighting part is admirable, just not as easy to accomplish for obvious reasons.

While there are plenty of people out there to impress you with how they were filled with piss and courage and defiantly stared danger in the face, I have a different approach. One I think is far more practical for the average person.

I’m speaking of using your brain instead of you guts. Oh sure being courageous is wonderful and you get respect. But honestly who is never afraid? Maybe some guy in a coma, but not most of the rest of us.

So what do you do if you aren’t a stand up kind of guy? Or let’s say you’re a weakling who would get beat up by a senior citizen in a wheel chair? Yeah I know that might be a bit over the top, but I’m just tossing it out to help paint the picture of those who might benefit from my thoughts.

The thing is I say go with your strengths, whatever they happen to be. Maybe you’re good at creating a distraction. And then when that bully is busy looking at the diversion you can get a big stick and — you get the idea.

Money is always a nice incentive. That is providing you have enough to bribe somebody. Courage and greed aren’t always as different as some people might imagine.

And those are just a couple helpful hints. Another is to try to know your opponent. Do they have a weakness and don’t even know it? That is the best kind because you can blind side them.

For example I had this one guy with a bully attitude who was trying to give me a bad time once. And there was this other guy who thought he needed to give me grief.

So what I did was to arrange to frame the second guy for supposedly having an affair with the first one who was hopelessly jealous. And well all I can say is they were so busy hating each other that they didn’t have any time to bother me any longer. Darn I knew I was forgetting something. I meant to arrange at the first guy’s trial to see that the evidence was given to the court to aid him in his claim of not guilty. Oh well I guess the time with the state will be sort of a vacation. As for the second guy, he has managed walking with a cane no problem.

Ah it is so good to know that things can work out and have a happy ending if you just plan them the right way, even if it means you got to look danger in the knee instead of the face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home