Monday, October 31, 2005

NEVER AGAIN TILL NEXT TIME

How come we can be such saps for not really learning a lesson when we should? I’m speaking of trying something and it doesn’t matter what it is, but something where in the end it doesn’t work out. In fact it turns out to be a major blunder and totally embarrassing.

So what do we do? We found like dummies, “I’ll never do that again, ever!” Boy that sure sounds good. And it would be so wonderful if we did actually not make the same mistake a second time. However I can speak from personal experience that there have just too many times when I made a promise like that to myself and did keep it.

Is this sane? Nope. It is a good thing? Only if you love feeling stupid. At least that is my view of it.

Now if I was the only one who did this I think it would be worst. But to be honest I see it all the time. Which to me means it is some weird cog in the human brain the gets short circuited from time to time and burns out our logic.

Plus this be honest so many of us are slaves to some compulsion or addiction. I mean you name it and somebody is addicted to it. And there is no way all of those addictions are healthy or good for us, but it doesn’t keep us from doing them anyway. Logic and common sense are not the criteria here are they?

You might be asking why do I even bring this up? I mean am I really saying something nobody else has thought of before?

Nope, but that is probably part of my point. I think we honestly need to stop beating ourselves for such weaknesses. Come on let’s stop playing the never again game since normally that is all it ends up being.

What I’m trying to suggest is pretty much the same thing I always suggest. I want us to have FUN! And the more we stop this foolishness and get down to some pure indulgence because we are weak and proud of it the easier life will become.

And if we need a leader to path the way, I am willing to offer my spineless, weak willed, pillar of Jello and feet of clay self as the perfect candidate to lead this reform. Just imagine how we can transform society and the world with a no-crap, no-nonsense approach to doing, but nonsense. Yep, think of it, we could become the vanguard of compulsive behavior and help free our fellow human beings from their slavery to self-control. Can I get an Amen on that one? Well a shrug will do I suppose.

Okay so what I propose to get this off the ground and start the revolution is that we each vow to not make any more vows. Instead we start saying to heck with it to everything that requires too much time, money or demands we be decent human beings. Then I bet it won’t be long before all the unhappy people notice our smiles from a lack of stress and decide to join in. Afterwards what we can count on is the pure joy of a utopian of lethargy! I call that progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home