Sunday, October 23, 2005

HEAR AND THERE

Gossip is such and effective tool for me as a politician. And I love the way people like the bible thumpers enjoy getting all self-righteous and acting like they never talk behind anyone’s back. Yeah right, like their tongues are under more control than anyone else’s.

But my goal here is not to devote my posting to ragging on their hypocrisy. They do such a bang up job of it themselves they hardly need my help.

What I am focusing in on is the simple effectiveness of assumption and speculation. That is after all the core of gossip right? I mean it is generally talk without proof where we vent our opinion based upon our perception.

Because when you have all the facts it just doesn’t seem to be quite as appealing in terms of gossip. Oh the truth does get told, especially if it is bad news, but somehow since it doesn’t require the use of our imagination or fabrication it lacks the same twinkle of appeal. Or perhaps that is just my view of it.

In either case I do enjoy the moment when I can share some “secret” with someone and tell them not to tell anyone in full knowledge they will tell EVERYONE! To be honest I even had a special “communication” list when I want to circulate gossip. There are just some tongues that are quicker in that aspect than others.

And contrary to what some may think woman aren’t the only ones on the list. In fact my best source of communication in that regard is a guy.

I’m not going to tell you who though. Mainly because I know this person well enough to know that if I did he’d be on his phone to his attorney. Enough said?

What I can say is that this person is a businessman in my city and I mention that for any of you who might think I was referring to the Reverend Analbe. Oh he’s a member of my tongue wagers hall of shame, at least in my opinion, but he doesn’t hold the crown.

But the main thing is that unlike some who might want to waste time pretending they either don’t do this or don’t approve of it, I prefer to celebrate it. I want to make it a real thrilling and functional part of life.

In my book I call it prudent management of the known resources available to me politically. Essentially all that crap means is I get off on blabbing and knowing who loves to blab.

So I say go with a winning system. Which is what I really try to do. I accept human nature for what it is and then use it as best as I can to my advantage. The result is naturally I keep getting reelected. And it is even more fun when I can give some speech about how we need to avoid mudslinging. That is the best joy I can have since everyone nods when I say it and still goes on with the gossip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home