Thursday, September 15, 2005

LONG DISTANCE LYING

Now you might think I was in some way going to weave the use of the phone or Internet into this posting. But no, that isn’t the direction I’m headed. However I think if you drew that conclusion then it sort of lays the foundation of where I want to do.

Basically when I’m speaking of long distance I mean in terms of time more than actual miles. The distance of the grains of time that drift across our lives. Hmmm, I guess I better watch myself because whenever I start drifting into some “poetic” usage of words it means I’m falling of my practical perch and allowing my mind to wander some domain where you need a conscious and spirituality to function.

That can be a dangerous territory for a greedy, back stabbing slug such as myself, but I at least know the times it is creeping into my thoughts and I’m able stop before I actually get possessed by some spirit of decency. I hate to even where that would lead in my case, but it would carry a risk of me actually trying to be honest and I don’t want to contemplate how disgusting life would be for me in that condition. It is just too darn scary.

Well now that I’ve rambled on the detour long enough let me get back to what I really wanted to talk about. Essentially it is the idea of planning with the full knowledge what you are planning won’t work. But you go ahead with the idea and give speeches and do all the superficial things necessary to make you lie appear as if it can work.

Doing that with something that can happen in the near future is one thing. That is normally a response out of desperation. But when it involves some plan where it is going to take place over years then I call that long distance lying. And that is because you plan and putting a lot of distance between you and that lie before people find out what you were saying wasn’t true.

This kind of strategy is best for things where you can put a time table of decades too. That way you can plan on being long gone or even dead before anyone figured out you didn’t know what you were doing.

And the glorious thing about his whole thing is that it fits politics and government work perfectly. After all it is so helpful to create this illusion about some plan you can toss out there that won’t be put into affect for several years due to the fact that it takes time to implement changes in any bureaucracy. However in the meantime you get the thrill of giving a speech and telling everyone how great the plan is.

Admittedly this works better with the big boys than local politics. After all there system is far more complex and vast so there are far greater opportunities to create bogus things that can get good press now, but be disaster later.

But you can be assured that in my city I do everything I can to utilize this system. And I’m always on the lookout for new opportunities to practice such long distance efforts. The big challenge is making sure I have enough facts to lie effectively. The truth might set your free, but if you don’t know enough of it you can sure end up experience a lot of things beside freedom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home