Tuesday, January 05, 2010

My Heart Taboo

I couldn’t get that beauty

out of my mind,

though I knew it was wrong

everything inside screamed danger

it was against all reason.

 

But the pain in my heart

refused to accept

what was taboo and so contrary

unto tradition for normalcy.

 

Still, inside I felt the burning,

an uncontrollable passion

until with mind out of control

my body came in the dark

for a forbidden rendezvous,

pounding so hard from the fear

that someone would find out

my lips had tasted that honey,

which I knew would never be

one I could admit to others

had been sampled in secret.

 

Then after that liaison

filled with sighs and gasp,

did I return to my reality,

ever haunted by the night

when I savored what was prohibited,

somehow tossing away the guilt

over intimacy with that morsel of sugar

not allowed on my diet.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home