Thursday, January 14, 2010

The First Time

I remember the scent of lilac

wake my senses like being in a tropical garden,

the touch of softness that left me shuddering

so mesmerized by the wave rolling over my skin

sink deep inside and immerse me in its power.

 

Suddenly I was spiraling upwards

as if sucked inside a tornado,

my head spinning out of control,

barely able to breathe from the excitement,

beyond anyplace I had ever been,

light and life swept into a blur

by this goddess moment,

this incredible encounter that grabbed my heart

made it become a pile driving, unbearable drum.

 

Was this the truth I had dreamt of at night

in the frail hammock

of ignorance’s painted fantasies?

Could this truly turn into a home,

a place where I might live,

each second on the edge

constantly fearing falling

driven by those injections in adrenaline,

addicted to the rush,

terrified it might end?

 

Then I faded into a fog,

sucked away from that dazed dalliance

more amazing than any cinema spell,

it all just collected in my scrapbook

revisited in intensity a thousand times a day.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home