Friday, November 06, 2009

Resurrection

Battlefields with white tattered flags

appear with the sunrise,

their emaciated enemies are mummified,

weaponless and mute,

but their bugles sounds in the air

they play taps and a cavalry charge

though I cringe and vomit

none ever arrive to butcher

with other than fear.

 

Can’t stop bleeding

from the slaughter that never took place

because I surrender

and was decapitated of my worth,

heart impaled on a saber

drained of its pulse,

still I feel and suffer the defeat

in an endless array of marching memories

that resurrected the villainous cadavers.

from that tomb in my head.

 

It’s so hard to claim a truce

when the slain always still take you prisoner

who set you before a firing squad,

left executed countless times a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home