Friday, September 11, 2009

Fade To Bleak

My life faded in their eyes

as I became invisible,

not even a sound heard,

for they had already

walked over my heart

on their way to meet someone

who mattered.

 

All the flush of pain was fueled

when gazes turned to blindness,

and memories of promises

changed into amnesia.

 

Wasn’t like falling,

more like being pushed

then trampled to be sure

I never got up again.

 

How that weight felt so brutal,

all the heaviness crushing and destroying,

no hope tomorrow might change

this feeling of worthlessness.

 

As if being some piece of litter

only good for discard.

What beckons in that shallow grave

was a gnawing hunger to still believe

there is somewhere

a person who will still know my face

and care the dirt

ground into the skin

from having been shoved into the ground.

 

In that dust I breathed

something inside refused to be buried

slowly reaching for a dream

to hold as ladder to rise again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home