Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Doing The Twist

What happened to my body’s sixties
even the seventies were cool,
could swerve those hips
to the Beach Boys,
and all those great
real Rock and Roll bands?
Ah, disco dancing was so hot,
grooving to the tunes in platform shoes
with those bell bottom pants.

No way I’m going to a club these days,
heavy metal for me
is like hitting yourself in the head with a cymbal
then babbling like it makes sense,
do these guy ever stop warming up
and actually play sounds that I can understand?

Now days eight pm is late,
can’t stomach booze and too tired
for late night carousing,
moving to the oldies
takes place at gym
during their aerobics classes,
run by some sweat Nazi
who wasn’t even born
until after the seventies.

Only thing that twists today
is my spine,
as for disco
I’ve shorten it to disc
for the one in my vertebrate,
which slipped during one session.

Going home and collapsing in easy chair
stuffing down the Tylenol,
shifting from side to side
the most strutting I can muster,
at least I can continue listening to the songs
wiggle my toes and pretend
it is still 1981!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home