Tuesday, May 12, 2009

CRIMINAL

My face was on their most wanted list
of some villain in the past,
a dreaded violation of their laws
only deserving to be punished.

No lawyer provided for my defense,
guilty and executed,
the sentence decreed
without saying a word.

Stuffing me in a box
they intended as a coffin,
not even told what I did wrong.

Silence is the hangman’s noose
for minds blinded by hate,
expecting me to suffer
and pay the price
over someone else’s wrongs.

Then there were the eyes,
who what anyone different
incarcerated outside their view
where their fear couldn’t stalk
as the form of someone
shaped in a way they saw as hideous.

What ugliness is the creature
controlling the heart,
ready to see my ways as capitol crimes
because they were odd or unique.

It is a dragon with fire
you only feel behind your back,
scorching in the deepest pain
because it never makes sense.

Insides they are howling with joy
from the agony inflicted
unable to hear your shrieks
in all their celebration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home