Monday, May 11, 2009

WHAT IS IT?

I love when people drive you nuts with their idea of something new. They have this brilliant invention.

It doesn’t have to be an actual device. It might be some idea. Just something that to them will improve life.

Course they are so riveted by the idea they did something unique they have no idea that is isn’t really new. And they don’t listen either.

What happens is they get all impressed with themselves. Which ends up making them impossible to deal with.

And any attempt to make them listen is hopeless. It becomes totally pointless and boring. Which makes for less than laughs.

I guess I don’t really mind. As long as they don’t bother me with their inspiration. Just take it elsewhere.

I even have a department at city hall where I refer such people. Now I don’t bother to tell the department this.

That would spoil all the fun. And where is the joy in that? Not to me. I know I have found it by keeping quiet.

However you can’t expect the other person to always appreciate this fact. So naturally I have to attempt to not let them discover the facts.

Still I do enjoy when I can make this happen. Just have those times when I will make it all work out so very well.

Now the challenge here for me is to keep the person in that department from going insane. Otherwise we have too much turnover.

It is a difficult to manage any kind of balance at times. This much I will admit. And I have made a few mistakes at times.

But that is okay. I have found those times when an employee did crack to be a good learning experience.

Oh I hope it will always end with some plus benefits. True, it is hard at times to know for sure.

But then you know it is uplifting to know I have at times provided my employees with new and usual challenges. That way they don’t get bored.

Wish they always saw it that way. But sometimes the meds impact their thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home