Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Solitaire

I shuffle the deck received
because life lead me to that game table,
though I’m all alone
and no one is watching,
still I play since I can't stop,
something inside compels,
within I feel that power draw
just to see how the cards will unfold.

There might not even be
any aces in this deck,
doesn’t matter, I really won’t stop,
since I get joy from the playing,
it's the skill to test and discover
the player I am inside
that drives my spirit to try.

Which is why I don’t need any rules
over my fingers choices,
for my purest joy
comes from doing my best
regardless of the cards,
when I leave the table
what I did with each act
is the thought that stays in my head.

How it brings peace
from doing it right and honestly
this keeps the happiness glowing
as a success I feel
regardless of what hand I was dealt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home