Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tomorrow

If tomorrow came before my eyes

with every vivid detailed it held in its hour glass

could I cope with the sight of suffering

suddenly seeing some of the people I know

become corpses as I viewed their agony and death?

 

Would I thrive on seeing each new invention

while having to also watch the horror of evil

inflict its wounds upon the world

and observe each scream or plea for protection

though having no power to stop the crimes?

 

And what fate would I face

if I dare to warn of some catastrophe?

History shows most prophets

end up being silenced in some terrible way,

plus knowing that horrible event was coming

surely would eat at my insides.

 

Perhaps I would suffer the usual malady

of knowing things you’re not meant to know,

eventually ending up in padded room

until my sanity was destroyed.

 

Yet, how could I not dare to look

despite all those risks?

Can’t imagine I could resist

because I would still hope

that view might give me a chance

to help someone before disaster struck,

even if it carried a consequence

just never know when it might

undo what was a potential tragedy

and in the process

next time I gazed

there would be a different future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home