Friday, October 02, 2009

Filling Holes

All those I’ve known as heroes and gods

were off in their own worlds,

the Lone Ranger playing video games,

Batman hanging at an amusement park,

Mighty Mouse went to the mall,

and Superman was having a party.

 

Oh they didn’t call to see if I wanted to play,

just told me about it later

like it was some kind of boast,

sometimes seems I fall off

the map in their minds,

nobody to hear the words I have to say.

 

But then I looked much closer

at the stories they has shared

saw the little cracks in their facades

and realized they were just filling holes

of the void within their hearts

and didn’t want to me coming along

so I would see how lonely

they truly were too themselves.

 

Sometimes in that solo silence

when we find our own song

its so a great sound,

much better than the ones made

by those who pretend

there is a emptiness in their lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home