Friday, June 17, 2011

Pass The Ketchup

It comes to me in strange flashbacks
this short trip to the twisted land
of pain killer induced visions
that I had when recovering from pneumonia.

Now it becomes like an old sitcom rerun
as it keeps replaying in my head
over and over on a regular basis.

What is the fabulous, bizarre dream,
something other than peaceful perhaps,
at least I can recall to share.

There I was lying in my bed,
my first night home from three weeks
spent in the hospital.
Suddenly this yellow
and red striped circus tent
appears at the end of my bed.
I know it is impossible,
yet it still seems so real.
Then it gets really peculiar
because out of the opening
a line of penguins begins walking
towards the hall.
Each is wearing a white apron
while carrying a silver plate
on which are located a huge hamburger.

If it hadn’t been for the sound of calliope music
plus I swear I could smell those burgers
perhaps I could have treated it as possible
instead of the consequence of taking Vicodin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home