Wednesday, June 08, 2011

My Own Place

I had so many dreams
about how I would
decorate my own place.

Had catalogues and magazines
with all the perfect suggestions,
only it was so much work
to repair all that was broken,
walls and plumbing needed fixing
and there was something else
that always ended up
being so much more important.

Oh I kept marking on the calendar
the day I would finally start
it would be so perfect,
a palace to behold,
such an eloquent utopia,
one all would forever admire.

Yet my hands never touched the foundation,
my mind simply was trapped
only seeing it in my sleep.

It eventually become condemned
and was torn down,
forced to move into a location
owned by somebody else.

Wasn’t ever the same as my freedom before,
but at least everything worked.

Some days I walk by that old spot,
it is now a castle,
truly is amazing,
can’t stop wondering
how it would have looked
if I had done more
than talk about construction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home