Friday, April 08, 2011

Secure

Don’t dream the acid threads of fear
when I hold your exit sign,
don’t stumble through the thorns
spread as thickets of thoughts
in your mind’s strolls of sunrise.

We hold the broken shards
of our toast to tomorrow’s wine,
but don’t let it make you bleed
until your can’t see the road again.

For I still have your escape
through the patches of echoes,
the haunting recrimination halls.
Downward come with me
to the basement of your heart
and I will rise your sleeping dove
with hand to caress all you weep
before the day is sealed in the sunset.

Take my hand
follow me to your vault
of treasures buried underneath
layers of dust you have never cleaned.
Now I wipe away the dirt
as at last you see
what diamonds you possessed.

Take my hand,
take my hand,
my fingers will be your shield,
take my hand
take my hand
while we walk on an airy staircase
towards places without the confusion
far from the sobs of your cellar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home