Saturday, April 02, 2011

Blaming It On The Fleas

I can’t escape my shame
just a poor hound dog’s with a needy heart
so desperate to find true love,
when I saw her I couldn’t keep those feelings
from making me howl.

Oh I knew she was different
had that strange nose so hard and long
and those feathers without a decent tail,
but I just knew we could make it
my wretched mutt soul unable to cope
without having my darling web foot princess
to call my very own.

Have to admit when I took her to meet my parents
they didn’t get thrilled by her quacking sounds
told them it was a special kind of passionate barking,
only dad didn’t buy it.

Then showed her off to my pals,
well thought they were my friends,
didn’t find their joke about bird brains
the least bit kind or appreciated.

Refused to let it all keep me from my dream,
getting this minister’s German Shepherd to do the deed,
was a little confusing being all in German
though we got the idea.

Alas once again I am crushed for things haven’t worked out,
can’t endure the agony
when I thought those eggs were meant as breakfast
never dreaming they might kids,
so now she’s gone and suing me for alimony,
guess I’ll live with a few less bones.

Good news is that I’ve met somebody else,
a queen who is a squirrel and great at climbing trees,
suppose I’ll always be a romantic
with an itch I can’t stop scratching,
just have to cope and blame it on the fleas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home