Monday, April 25, 2011

A Glimpse

One stare sealed the shards of my shattered soul
for in the flux of vision from a myriad of misgivings
I rose out of that dark shroud of sorrow
and once again sought love’s frail fragrance.
Refusing to dwell a mournful sleep
within that dire cocoon of dreadful malaise.
Still wounded to the point of feeling slain
over having caressed the elusive gossamer dream
that my heart could truly find
a pure and precious touch
of sublime alabaster quintessence
so I would know and believe
even a wretched life of wrecked ways,
could at last have the supplications of Cupid’s target.

Then one gaze unveiled a new hope
like seeing some inspiring sight
in a cerulean sky that says the impossible can happen.
So I longed again, breathed and yearned
all from a single look at a goddess
who I knew like some truth suddenly accepted
making her the fated passion jewel of my destiny.

Time now to cast aside the fears
break those old and burdensome transoms of doubt.
Reach for my happiness and win her for my own
then deny those ugly detractor's words
from that store manager
claiming her name is, “mannequin!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home