Friday, October 15, 2010

Bad Company

We raced through allies in the dark
stayed out beyond midnight in the rain.
At home the words dump acid
spilled venom on your dreams,
only you felt the wind in our run
though hate with caustic lips
tried to burn it out of your heart.

How could it be otherwise
when all that was ever know
from those eyes full of rage
was to cover my wings with stains
pick any loose feathers
then complain they littered the floor?

Now shall we know the sun
once your eyes stop being closed
even while seeing the images of complaint
burned so deeply into your brain.

Come away from the graveyard of hearts,
rise and escape that tomb they made
since my flights always were viewed as rebellions,
but how often I showed you the clouds,
carried you where they said never go.

Tomorrow is ours without those spider webs
without the silky snares for your heart,
perhaps in my arms you'll still hear those sad songs,
cries that other's false wounds are meant to give guilt.

Doesn’t matter if to them I am a criminal
or they will always brand me with lies,
because once I’ve love you enough to help your soar
then as a dove you will be by rumor and lore,
as the gift my heart will have for you,
my angel, my love, my goddess and dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home