Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Gates Of Ever

I am a gossamer sail on a celestial sea,
drifting as a featherweight soul
through the gates of ever.

The locks held in my mind
to realms where my heart is a wand,
a pure magician of imagination
and all my wishes become images,
alive and intense,
lovers who I missed along life’s path,
utopias my deepest longings see as reality.

Sometimes I drift into an abyss,
swirling in creatures with claws and flames,
they scorch and gnaw
while dragging me downwards,
descending into a cesspool of fears.

Morning comes as a hot air balloon
riding it back to the sunrise,
still possessed by the portraits
painted by my desire’s brush.

In the noon of my thoughts
how I crave to enter those gates again,
hoping day is really the dream
from which I will wake up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home