Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Found

I found a dollar bill in the sand,
grabbed it and held it as if it was gold,
but then my mind got trapped
in a tangled web of doubt and fears,
wondering who has lost the dollar?
Would they come back to look for it?

Quickly I searched everywhere
for the chance I had been seen,
then my brain started worrying
over the uncertainty that came
as a whirlwind of ponderings,
which I could never explain or answer.

The stress and paranoia
About all the questions
that I could see solutions
Soon destroyed my sense of thrill
from this moment of fortune.

Eventually placing the bill back in the sand
and walking away,
for there was no joy when there was no peace
so when a gift was covered in question marks
it for me was better left alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home