Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Small Crown

Wasn’t really a big problem,
well didn’t start out that way,
just the idea of my own little kingdom,
perhaps an isle somewhere,
I wouldn’t have to put up with all the crap
bosses love to dump on your life,
customers who are way to grumpy
expecting miracles for a little price.

So I imagined being a king,
oh I figured I would be fair
not really power hungry or insane.

Then I started really thinking
what if too many cause me problems
just have to expanded my realm?

My brain slowly got more demented
figuring every way to get peace
decided it meant eliminated complainers
and having more territory.

Got so angry over imagined enemies,
plots I knew somebody would try,
became insane like that Queen in Alice in Wonderland,
“off with their heads,”
kept rolling through my brain.

Clutching the desk corner
how I wanted it all,
the whole world, every inch of soil,
mine, mine, mine, nothing else would do.

Slipping into rage of plans,
dreaming firing squad solutions,
governments blown away,
would be the emperor over the earth,
sounded so perfect.

But reality kicked me in the butt,
can’t even handle the guilt
of thinking about cheating on my income taxes,
how could I take over the world?

Went to lunch at Burger King,
at least a paper crown felt good for while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home