Friday, May 06, 2011

Is This Decent After life Etiquette

We live next to a cemetery
so every time there is a funeral
our home gets a host of spooky sounds,
eerie shadows on the walls
and things moving by themselves.

Now I don’t mind
the times when pictures end up crooked
or there is a sudden chill in the air
in the middle of the summer,
but what is with things
such as turning on lights at midnight?

What?
Do these ghost
have no idea about cost?
Just because they don’t pay
any darn electric bills
does this mean
they have a right to cost me bucks?

I mean a knock is sufficient
to let me know they’re around,
give me a break spooks
since I get it, you’re there!

If only they would listen
because they could at least be creative
or does that die when you’re a ghost too?

Oh I’ve tried talking to them,
darn specters don’t even muster
some howling reply,
just keep on flipping switches
like they are afraid of the dark.

All I get to do
is prepare each time somebody is buried
for its going to suck me of electricity,
thanks a lot dead people!
Wish you could find a way
that you could flip the switch
over at the house of someone you hate
instead of running up my bill!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home