Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Manacles

There’s no place to hide after sundown
from that creepy creature who thrives
in every sound that darkness summons.

I can feel it stalking in its ravenous roam
and if I fall asleep it will come
with its slimy claws to manacle my mind
until I can't move or escape,
it will feast upon my sanity and peace
ready to terrorize with fears
before it reaches into the heart
to rip them from that box
where they are sealed away.

Muscles tightens from the anxiety,
heart races from the dread,
but it only inspires apparitions,
the wicked shrouded figures of phobias
who suddenly appear over the bed.

Then the torment starts,
all the hideous kisses upon the skin,
each creates a fire that produces intense pain,
still there is no way to avoid this cruelty,
no chance of stopping the haunting
with all the moments of hellish abuse
when reality is fractured and my bedroom
becomes a morgue with me left a cadaver.

How I crave the hope of light,
only it will never come again
because this blackness is a curse
constantly growing in my brain
as every part of my being
now lies in a pool of fantasy vomit.

Over and over again
aware that my sanity is vanishing
for my worries have recreated my reality
into a realm where rotting dead bodies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home