Friday, February 11, 2011

The Pearl

My first awareness
was of floating in an ocean,
no waves disrupting the smooth glass quality,
it was indigo and warm
and I could see beneath the surface.

Panic seize my insides
for I couldn’t see any land
so I worried about drowning,
but the incredibly bright cerulean sky
somehow calmed my fears.

Then for a moment I felt
as if I was going to sink into the deep,
suddenly a white hand
the size of a whale
appeared underwater
and held me in place
until I felt to relaxed and serene.

At last I notice the golden sun,
descending on the horizon,
it turned into a spinning pearl
before changing and becoming
an incredibly tall bronze block
like some towering skyscraper.

While I was watching it,
amazing and stunned,
a voice boomed in ominous tone,
“its shadow stretches from the sea,
all the way to Chicago.”

After that waking up,
feeling confused,
yet oddly having a sense
there was more to this swimmer’s vision
than I could imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home