Friday, January 28, 2011

Oh The Wheels Keep On Turning

That asphalt strip just keeps on going endlessly,
but the only landscape that I ever know
is the one that appears in my head
from the home that used to be
and the love, which once gave it life.

Now they feel like a postcard
for a place I visited on vacation,
kept pasted in my heart’s scrapbook
though I ache at times over their fading,
just can’t go back to where I was.

Left a travel who sees those same sights
in the eyes of countless vagabond souls,
who journey like me with a head full of thoughts
that always are the hitchhikers
you can never just leave behind.

It’s cold on that highway ridden all alone
with nowhere to stop that ends the emptiness,
another mile to go with all the memories
replaying like songs on the radio.

Oh the wheels keep on turning
inside you can’t stop that sense of spinning,
always feeling like I’ll end up out of control
that will end in an accident.

Wish I could forget what can’t be reclaimed
only love has a camera that you just never lose,
every snap shot sticks to the brain
even when it causes tears.

Pushing that accelerator to the floor
will help make the world blur for a while
if only it would allow me to just let go
of the detours to mistakes,
which didn’t ever end in smiles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home